The First World War
Officers of The Royal Canadian Regiment
Lieut. Harry Frank Hicks
Soldiers of the First World War database entry - H.F. Hicks
- Prior service; 1 month, 10th Royal Grenadiers, Canadian Militia
- Enlisted 10th Royal Grenadiers, Toronto, 8 Aug 1914
- Transferred to The R.C.R., 6 Sep 1914
- Service as a soldier of The R.C.R.; joined the Regiment in Bermuda, taken on strength 9 Nov 1914; regimental numbers 16348 and 477402
- Landed in France, 1 Nov 1915
- Left France, 20 May 1917
- Commissioned, 1 Sep 1917
- Landed in France, 21 Sep 1917
- Rejoined The R.C.R., 5 Nov 1917
- O.T.C. Bexhill at C.T.S. England
- Certificate 1st Class, Signalling
- Leave to U.K., 6 to 25 Jan 1918
- Proceeded to England for attachment to R.A.F.
- THE LONDON GAZETTE, 10 DECEMBER, 1918; ROYAL AIR FORCE. The undermentioned are granted temp, commns. as 2nd Lts. (Observer Officers):- 8th Nov. 1918 - Harry Frank Hicks (Lt., Nova Scotia R., C.E.F.), and to be Hon. Lt.
Flight (RFC/RAF Magazine), 15 May 1919
"The following relinquish their commissions on ceasing to be employed:- 21 March 1919; Lieut. H.F. Hicks, (Lieut., Nova Scotia R.)"
Date of Birth - 27 Feb 1893