The First World War
Officers of The Royal Canadian Regiment
Major Marie Martin Lefrancois Garon
Soldiers of the First World War database entry - M.M.L. Garon
Capt. M.M.L. Garon, Valcartier Camp, 1920
- Private, 89th Regiment, Canadian Militia, 1900
- Lieut, 89th Regiment, Canadian Militia, 1903
- Capt, 89th Regiment, Canadian Militia, 1904
- Lieut., No. 5 Depot (Quebec), The R.C.R., 7 Jul 1911
- Capt., St. Louis Barracks, Quebec, 1912
- Employed on Instructor Cadre, 22 Sep 1913
- First World War - 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal.
- Transferred to Royal Canadian Dragoons, C.E.F., as Supernumary Captain, 22 Sep 1914
- Served with R.C.D. until Aug 1915
- Attached to H.Q. 1 Can. Div. (Reconnaissance), 1 Aug 1915 to 4 Sep 1915
- Rejoined The R.C.R. 15 Sep 1915
- Joined overseas (in France) 18 Jun 1916
- Temp. Major, 1 Jul 1916
- THE LONDON GAZETTE, 30 JANUARY 1917; R. Can. Regt. - Capt. (temp. Maj.) M. M. L. Garon to take rank and precedence in his Regt. and in the Army as if his appt. bore date the 22 day of Dec. 1914.
- SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 3 MAY 1917; R. Can. R. - Temp. Capt. M.M.L. Garon relinquishes the actg rank of Maj on ceasing to comd a Company 4 Oct 1916
- Instructor, Canadian Base, 31 Mar 1917
- Reinquished Acting rank of Major on ceasing to command a Company, 1 Apr 1917
- Rejoined from Duty, 11 Jun 1917
- Appointed Commandant 8th Cdn. Area Employent Company, Authorty A.Q. 13-5d/12 Oct 1917
- Struck off Strength of The R.C.R. from 23 Oct 1917
- SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 17 MAY, 1918; Nova Scotia Regt. - Temp. Maj. M. M. L. Garon to be seconded, while specially employed 23 Oct. 1917 to 4 Dec. 1917 and 5 Dec. 1917 to 15 Mar. 1918.
- G.S.O. 3rd Grade, M.D. 4, 1928.
- G.S.O. 3rd Grade, M.D. 7, 1936.
Date of Birth - 24 Aug 1884