The First World War
Officers of The Royal Canadian Regiment
Major Ernest Louis Lerocq du Domaine
Soldiers of the First World War database entry - E.L.L. du Domaine
Lieut. Ernest Louis Lerocq du Domaine. Photo taken while serving with the 3rd (Special Service) Battalion, The R.C.R., in Halifax, 1900.
Lieut. E.L.L. du Domaine (1906).
- First appointment, Canadian Militia, March 1900
- 3rd (Special Service) Battalion, The R.C.R., June 1900
- School of Musketry, Ottawa, 1903
- Lieut., The R.C.R., Jun 1905
- Acting Adjutant, The R.C.R. Depot, Quebec; May 1905 to Apr 1906
- Adjutant, The R.C.R. Depot, Federicton; 1906 to 1910
- Captain, The R.C.R., Sep 1909
- Capt., No. 3 Depot, Fredericton, New Brunswick, 1911
- Capt., Wellington Barracks, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1912
- First World War - British War Medal, Victory Medal
- Officer Commanding "F" Company, McNab's and Lawlor Island, Halifax, as part of the Regiments initial deployent to the defences of Halifax, 31 Jul 1914
- Served with The R.C.R. in Bermuda 1914-15
- Officer Commanding "D" Coy in Bermuda on adoption of new 4-company organizaton, 1 Feb 1915
- Officer Commanding "D" Coy overseas, on departure for England, 26 Aug 1916
- Major, The R.C.R., 26 Aug 1916
- Appointed second in command of a Reserve Battalion created to act as a Depot for The R.C.R. and the P.P.C.L.I., Sep 1915
- SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 6 OCTOBER, 1917; R.C.R. & P.P.C.L.I. Temp. Maj. E. L. du Domaine reverts to the temp, rank of Lt. 15 June 1917.
- Divisional Revolver Course, Bramshott; 1917 - Distinguished Pass
- Taken on strength as reinforcement, 14 Dec 1917
- Joined from C.C.R.C., 25 Jan 1918
- Granted 14 days leave to U.K., 23 Mar 1918
- Leave extended to 20 Apr 1918
- Posted to Nova Scotia Regimental Depot on being medically unfit to return to France, 27 Apr 1918
- Siberian British Mission, 1919.
Extract from The Times (London, England), Thursday March 30, 1933
Lieutenant-Colonel E.L. du Domaine and Miss M.I. Lancashire
The engagement is announced between Lieutenant-Colonel E.L. du Domaine, (late) The Royal Canadian Regiment, to Mary Irene, daughter of the late Henry Lancashire and of Mrs Lancashire, of Abbotsford, Cheltenham.
Date of Birth - 22 Sep 1873