The First World War
Officers of The Royal Canadian Regiment
Capt. Harold Buck, M.C.
Soldiers of the First World War database entry - H. Buck
- Joined C.A.M.C. March 1913
- Attached No. 10 Field Ambulance
- Reserve of Officers from June 1914 until Dec 1914
- Attested for overseas service 17 Dec 1914, attached 5th Field Ambulance, C.E.F.
- Arrived France 16 Sep 1915
- Attached to The R.C.R. 20 Feb 1916
- SUPPLEMENT TO THELONDON GAZETTE, 28 APRIL, 1917; Can. A.M.C. - Temp. Capt. H. Buck to be actg. Maj. 26 Dec. 1916.
- Awarded the Military Cross, Gazetted Jul 1917
- Struck off strength on appointment as Officer Commanding No. 10 Field Ambulance, 27 Dec 1916
SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 26 JULY, 1917.
Capt. (actg. Maj.) Harold Buck, A.M.C. - For conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty. He led his bearers with great gallantry, and was responsible for the evacuation of a large number of wounded men. He set a fine example to all ranks.
Date of Birth - 14 Jan 1889.
Married - 5 Sep 1898, to Helen Elsie Passavant.
Date of Death - 18 Mar 1950, at St. Thomas, Ontario.