The First World War
Officers of The Royal Canadian Regiment
Temp. Capt. Stuart Cameron Bate
Soldiers of the First World War database entry - S.C.
- Governor General's Foot Guards, Lieut., from 8 Aug 1914 to 9 Mar 1915
- Attached to The R.C.R. from 10 Dec 1914 to 9 Mar 1915
- Regimental Service, The R.C.R.: 9 Mar 1915 - 1924
- Invalided to England 5 Feb 1916
- Rejoined from overseas 8 Jul 1916
- Wounded in action 16 Sep 1916 (At Duty)
- To Field Ambulance 25 Jan 1917
- Evacuated 30 Jan 1917
- Invalided to Engand 31 Jan 1917
- Capt; 30 May 1918
- O. i/c C. M.D. 13, 1918.
- Transferred to the Royal Canadian Dragoons, 1924.
- Officer of the Order of the British Empire: 15 June 1946 - "The KING has been graciously pleased, on the occasion of the celebration of His Majesty's birthday, to give orders for the following appointments to and promotions in the Most EXcellent Order of the British Empire:— To be Additional Officers of the Military Division of the said Most Excellent Order."
- Awarded First Clast to the Canadian Forces Decoration (signifying 22 years of service); 11 Dec 1950
The Connecting File, Vol XVI, No. 4, October 1937
Capt S.C. Bate, then serving as an officer of the R.C.D., was a member of the 1937 Coronation Contingent.
Date of Birth - 18 Oct 1894; Ottawa, Ontario
Date of Death - 26 Mar 1959; Toronto, Ontario