Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. ___
LENS. 11. 1/100,000
Sheet. 51.b.S.W. 1/40,000
Sheet. 51.b.S.E. 1/40,000
8th. July 1918.
1. The R.C.R. will be relieved in the front line on the night 8th/9th July 1918. by the 43RD. Canadian Infantry Battalion.
On completion of relief the Battalion will move to Divisional Reserve at WAILLY HUTCAMP.
2. Cos. Will be relieved as follows:-
4. On completion of relief Companies will move off independently
(a) To WAILLY HUT CAMP and take over same billets as occupied before coming into line.
(b) Rear Adjutant will send necessary Advance Party to take over WAILLY HUT CAMP.
(c) Limbers for Lewis Guns, Kits, etc will be at SUNKEN ROAD M.22.b.90.15 at 11.45 pm. Cos. will detail 2 O.R's to accompany Limbers to WAILLY.
5. 130 Water tins will be handed over to 43RD Cdn. Inf Bn. at the rate of 30 per Co.
6. Receipts, in duplicate, for all Maps, Trench stores etc. will be obtained and forwarded to Bn. H.Q. by 9.00 am. 7th. Inst.
7. All details permanently billeted in MONCHIET will join Battalion at WAILLY on the night of 8th. Inst.
8. All trenches, Funk holes, etc. must be left in a thoroughly clean and sanitary condition.
9. Completion of relief to be notified to Bn. H.Q. by Wire, Code word "JAKE" being used.
Completion of move will be notified Bn. H.Q. at WAILLY HUTS Camo by Runner.
A/Adjutant, The Royal Canadian Regiment.