Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Map Reference: Lens 11; Hazbrouck 5-a.
1. Moving. Details regarding move of personnel by train will be notified later.
2. Billeting. Billeting parties consisting of 1 Officer and five other ranks from R.C.R., P.P.C.L.I., 42nd Cdn. Battn. and one other rank from Brigade Hqrs., will report Brigade Hqrs. 7. a.m. 25th. inst. Similar party from 49th Cdn. Battn. will be picked up by lorry when passing through LIERES approximately 7.45 a.m. Parties will proceed by bus to AVESNES LE COMTE, where they will be met on arrival at Area Commandant's Office by Brigade Billeting Officer. One guide per Battalion will be detailed from billeting parties to meet Battalions at detraining stations, to be notified later.
3. Rations. Rations for 25th will be carried on the man. Lorries will report to Battalion Headquarters as follows to transport rations for the 26th to staging area:
Lieut. Anderson, Brigade Hqrs., will be in charge of ration lorries. Forage will be transported by No. Div. Train.
Rations for consumption 27th will be drawn by supply wagons on the 26th from R.P. GIVENCHY LE NOBLE and delivered to transport line, BAILLEULVAL.
4. Lewis Guns. Lewis Guns and 21 filled drums per gun will be carried by crews at all times during move. One lorry will report to each Battalion Headquarters at 8.15 a.m. To convey pack of Lewis Gunners and surplus stores to billets alloted for night 25th/26th location of which may be obtained from Area Commandant's Office AVESNES LE COMTE.
Battalions will each detail an Officer to proceed with respective lorries. Lorries may be used, if required, to take surplus stores to Transport Lines BAILLEULVAL.
5. Billets. Units will be responsible that all billets and areas occupied by them are left in a clean and sanitary condition, and will obtain the usual clearance from Area Commandants concerned. Field Post Office will move with Brigade Hdqrs.
Sgd. L.M. McCarthy, Capt.,
for Staff Capt.
7th Canadian Infantry Brigade.