Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 14
5th June 1918.
36A. S.W. 1/40,000.
1. (a) Enemy Infantry Patrols have been seen in GUARBECQUE and BERGUETTE.
(b) Our Advance Guard is on the Line - MALANOY PME. HAM on Artois - MARQUEVILLE - Min ROUGE.
Main Body will billet tonight at ST HILAIRE COTTES and LESPRESSES.
2. The battalion will hold an Outpost Line on the line indicated above for the Advance Guard.
3. (I) "B" Co. No. 1 Outpost Co., from 40 yards south of road in Square U.9.d. to U.3.d.55.55.
(II) "C" Co. No. 3 Outpost Co., from U.3.d.55.55 to 100 yards N.W. of road running through U.3.a.
(III) "A" Co. No. 3 Outpost Co., from 200 yards N.W. of the Road running through U.3.a. to O.32.a.90.90.
(IV) "D" Co. No. 4 Outpost Co., from O.32.a.90.90 to edge of Swamp in O.25.a.
(V) One Co. of 42nd Cdn. Inf. Bn. will be in reserve at BOURECQ.
(VI) Battalion Headquarters at Billet No. 27 BOURECQ.
(VII) The Picquet Line will be the Line of Resistance.
(VIII) No Fires in the Picquet Line and No Smoking after dark.
(IX) Outpost Cos. will not be relieved before 9.00 p.m. tomorrow.
4. In BOURECQ.
5. In BILLET No. 29, BOURECQ.
6. To Road Junction in U.1.a.90.30.
Issued by runner at ____
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy No. 1 - 2. 7th Cdn. Inf. Bde.
3. - C.O.
4. - 2nd i/c.
5. - "A" Co.
6. - "B" Co.
7. - "C" Co.
8. - "D" Co.
9. - Scout Offr.
10. - Signal Offr.
11. - R.S.M.
12. - File.
13 - 15. - War Diary.