Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
31st May 1918.
HAZEBROUCK 5a 1/100,000
1. Scheme will be carried out in BOMY AREA.
2. The Battalion will proceed by Bus, forming up on Main Street BOURECQ, at 6.45 a.m. tomorrow as follows:-
Hd. Qrs. Co. "A", "D", "C", "B"
Head of column facing West will be opposite Village Square BOURECQ and will be formed up in file on the left side of the Road, 20 yards distance between Companies.
3. An Officer of "D" CO. will superintend em-bussing, and will proceed on the last lorry of the Battalion.
An officer of "A" Company will superintend de-bussing proceeding on first lorry of Battalion.4. Lorries will each carry 25. Allotment per Company as follows:-
Battalion Officers will be distributed throughout the convoy to maintain discipline during move.
5. DRESS. Battle order. Serges will be worn and if weather favourable will be left in Busses at de-bussing point.
6. Haversack rations will be carried. The Q.M. will arrange for a supply of TEA for filling Water Bottles tomorrow morning. Water Bottles of men who do not want tea will be filled with water.
7. Lewis Guns will be carried and will be marked during operations with BLUE flags. These flags will be waved when the gun is in action. Lewis Gun crews will also carry a Tin Can which will be tapped when the gun is in action.
N.B. Stokes Guns will be marked during Operations with a WHITE Flag which will be waved when the gun is in action.
Loaded magazines will be taken and left in Buses under a Guard during manoeuvres.
8. No live S.A.A. Will be taken in pouches, each Company and Detachment Commander will hand to Adjutant on Parade a written certificate that he personally has inspected the S.A.A. pouches of his Company or Detachment and has satisfied himself that there are no live rounds in possession of his Unit. Unit parade states will be submitted by Unit Commanders at the same time.
9. Lieut. A.A. ALLENBACK will arrange supply of blank S.A.A. And Smoke Bombs. The Q.M. will arrange that each Lorry proceeds with two unbroken boxes of S.A.A. This will be supplied from Mobile Reserve and be returned on completion of Manoeuvres. One man will remain in each Bus to guard S.A.A. and serges.
10. Bayonets will not be fixed during manoeuvres.
11. The R.S.M. will arrange for one Bugler to report to each Company and one to Battalion headquarters on arrival at Manoeuvre area.
Any orders issued by the Director to STAND FAST, DISMISS, etc. will be sounded on the Bugle.
Every Bugler will repeat.
12. On completion of operations there will be a Conference of all Mounted Officers. Place of conference will be that from which Officers' call is first sounded.
13. Officers Chargers will be at the Cross Roads 1 mile N.W. of ERMY-ST. JULIEN at 8.00 a.m. tomorrow.
14. Instructions will be issued later re return journey.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy No. 1-2 - 7th Cdn. Inf. Bde.
No. 3 - "A" Co.
No. 4 - "B" Co.
No. 5 - "C" Co.
No. 6 - "D" Co.
No. 7 - Scout Officer.
No. 8 - Sig. Officer.
No. 9 - L.G. Officer.
No. 10 - Q.M. & T.O.
No. 11 - M.O.
No. 12 - R.S.M.
No. 13-15 - War Diary.