Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 13
19th May 1918.
Sheet 36A. 1/40,000.
Sheet 36B. 1/40,000.
1. The R.C.R. will take part in Operations in LOZINGHEM Sector tomorrow.
2. March to FERFAY RANGES (Sheet 36B., B.6.d.central).
3. (a) Starting Point:- Road Junction:- U.7.b.65.35.
(b) Time:- 8.00 a.m.
(c) Order of March:- Hd. Qrs. Co., Band, "B", "C", Drums, "D", "A" Co., Transport less Limbers.
(d) Route:- LESPRESSES - LIERES - AMES - FOSSE 3 de FERFAY.
4. Head of Column.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regt.
Copy No. 1 - 7th Cdn. Inf. Bde.
No. 2 - "A" Co.
No. 3 - "B" Co.
No. 4 - "C" Co.
No. 5 - "D" Co.
No. 6 - Scout Offr.
No. 7 - Signal Offr.
No. 8 - Q.M.
No. 9 - T.O.
No. 10 - Med. Offr.
No. 11 - R.S.M.
No. 12 - File.
No. 13-15 - War Diary.
The Royal Canadian Regiment.
1. Battle Order, without Steel helmets. Orders re Serges will be notified later.
2. Each Co. will detail two Runners to report to battalion headquarters at 7.30 a.m. tomorrow.
3. Haversack rations will be carried.
4. (a) With the exception of one per Company, Lewis Guns will be loaded on Limbers at Transport Lines tonight.
(b) Machine and Lewis Guns will be marked by BLUE FLAGS. These Flags will be waved when the Gun is in Action.v
Each Machine and Lewis Gun Crew will also carry a tin can, or some similar article, which will be tapped on when gun is in action.
(c) Stokes Guns will be marked by a WHITE FLAG which will be waved when the gun is in action.
5. 1 S.A.A. Limber will report at SHEET 36B. C.15.a.50.20., at 10.30 a.m. tomorrow.
5 pack Animals will report to the R.S.M. at 7.00 a.m. tomorrow.
6. Regimental Aid Posts are situated at SHEET 36B. C.17.a.8.2, C.10.a.8.5., C.8.a.6.0.
Carry by stretcher to Loading Post C.10.a.2.5.
7. The R.S.M. will arrange for one Bugler to report to each Company and one to Bn. Hd. Qrs. On arrival at Ranges. See Note.
8. Bayonets will NOT be fitted.
Any Orders issued by the Director to Stand fast, Dismiss, etc., will be sounded on a Bugle. Every Bugler will repeat.
CALLS TO BE USED WILL BE:-
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.