Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. __
THE ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT
18th March 1918.
Reference Map: 36C. S.W. 3 1/10,000
1. The R.C.R. Will relieve the P.P.C.L.I. In the Front Line on the night of 19/20th March 1918.
2. Reliefs will be as follows:
|H.Q. Coy. R.C.R||H.Q. Coy. P.P.C.L.I.||BEAVER TRENCH|
|"A" Coy. R.C.R||No. 2 Coy. P.P.C.L.I.||Rt. Co. SECTOR|
|"B" Coy. R.C.R||Centre 4 Coy. P.P.C.L.I.||Rt. Co. SECTOR|
|"C" Coy. R.C.R||No. 1 Coy. P.P.C.L.I.||Support.|
|"D" Coy. R.C.R||No. 3 Coy. P.P.C.L.I.||Lt. Co. SECTOR|
3. Each Co. will send an Advance Party of 1 Officer and five O.R's per Coy. to take over. Lieut. ISBESTER and Sergt. A.J. BOWYER will take over for Battalion Headquarters.
4. Two guides per platoon (1 R.C.R. and 1 P.P.C.L.I.) will rendezvous as follows:-
No guides need be furnishes for Battalion Headquarters.
5. Companies will move off as follows:-
6. Companies will ensure that NO ONE OTHER THAN ADVANCE PARTIES move into the line during the day and that no unnecessary movement is made in vicinity of RED TRENCH before dark.
7. The Water and Gas Guards etc., etc., supplied by "D" Coy. will be relieved by 10.00 p.m. and report to "D" Co. in Left Sector as soon as relieved.
8. 20 Tins of Water per Company and 20 Tins for Bn. H.Q. will be handed over to the P.P.C.L.I. A similar number will be taken over from the P.P.C.L.I.
9. Rations will be dumped at ADEPT DUMP, each Company will furnish its own Ration Carrying Parties on the night 19/20th instant.
10. Receipts for Trench Stores will be made out in quadruplicate. Two copies to be handed over to the P.P.C.L.I. Two copies together with disposition and Trench State will be submitted to Bn. H.Q. By 9.00 a.m. The 20th inst.
11. Completion of relief will be immediately reported to Battalion H.Q. By the code word "FINE".
Issued at _____
A/Adjutant, The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy No. 1 - 7th C.I.B.
No. 2. - P.P.C.L.I.
No. 3. - "A" Coy.
No. 4. - "B" Coy.
No. 5. - "C" Coy.
No. 6. - "D" Coy.
No. 7. - L.O.
No. 8. - S.O.
No. 9. - T.O.
No. 10. - Q.M.
No. 11.- M.O.
No. 12. - Rear H.Q.
No. 13. - R.S.M.
No. 14. - File.
No. 15 - 17. - War Diary.