Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 17
THE ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT.
30th March 1918.
Reference Maps - 36C. S.W.3. 1/10,000.
1. The R.C.R. will relieve the P.P.C.L.I. in the Front Line on the night 31st March 1st April 1918.
2. Reliefs will be as follows:
|Company||Will Relieve||Co. Front|
|H.Q. Co. The R.C.R.||H.Q. Co. P.P.C.L.I.||DORIS TRENCH|
|"A" Co. The R.C.R.||No. 4 Co. P.P.C.L.I.||LEFT T.3.c.50.95|
|"B" Co. The R.C.R.||No. 1 Co. P.P.C.L.I.||RIGHT T.15.a.70.65|
|"C" Co. The R.C.R.||No. 3 Co. P.P.C.L.I.||SUPPORT T.3.c.60.95|
|"D" Co. The R.C.R.||No. 2 Co. P.P.C.L.I.||CENTRE T.15.a.70.83|
3. Each Company will send an Advance Party of one Officer and five O.R's to take over. Lieut. A.A. ALLENBACK and Sergt. A.J. BOWYER will take over for Battalion Headquarters.
4. Guides will be provided as mutually arranged by Company Commanders concerned. No guides need be furnished for Battalion Headquarters.
5. Companies will move off independently after 7.45 p.m. at Coy. Commanders discretion.
6. Companies will ensure that NO one, other than Advance Parties, move into the line during the day and that no unnecessary movement is made in vicinity of RED and GERTIE TRENCHES.
7. The Guards, etc., of 90 Other Ranks supplied by "B" Company will be relieved by 10.0 p.m. and will report direct to "B" Company in the Line.
8. 20 Tins of Water per Company and 20 Tins for Battalion Headquarters will be handed over to the P.P.C.L.I. A similar number will be taken over by The R.C.R. on relief.
9. Rations will be delivered near Company Headquarters by Pack Mules. Companies will arrange to have guides to meet Mules at Junction LENS-ARRAS and VICTORIA ROADS at 7.45 p.m.
10. Two copies of receipts for Trench Stores handed over and two copes of receipts for Trench Stores taken over, together with Disposition Map and Trench Strength State will be submitted to Battalion Headquarters by 9.00 a.m. April 1st 1918.
11. Completion of Relief will be reported by Code Word "EASTER".
Asst. Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Issued by Runner at ___ p.m.
Copy No. 1 - 7th Cdn. Inf. Bde.
2. - P.P.C.L.I.
3. - "A" Co.
4. - "B" Co.
5. - "C" Co.
6. - "D" Co.
7. - B.O.
8. - S.O.
9. - T.O.
10. - Q.M.
11. - M.O.
12. - Rear H.Q.
13. - R.S.M.
14. - File.
15-17. - War Diary