Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 14
15th October 1917
Reference Map 36 B. 1/40,000
1. The Regiment will entrain at TINCQUES at 7.10 a.m. the 16th instant., and move by Train to the CAESTRE Area.
2. Companies will "Fall in" on the Main Street at 5.30 a.m. and will move off in the following order, "H.Q.", "B", Band and Drums, "C" and "D" Cos.
2a. Rly Crossing. U.25.70.60. Hd. of Column pass S.P. at 5.40 a.m.
3. Via ARRAS ST POL Road to TINQUES.
4. By DAY when on the march, intervals of 200 yards will be maintained between Companies and 500 yards between Units.
5. Halts from 50 to 60 minutes after the hour.
6. Entraining will be complete at 8.10 a.m. Train will move off at 8.40 a.m.
7. Guides will be met at de-training point and will lead Cos. and Dets. to Billets in the new area.
8. Men will wear Caps. Greatcoats and Blankets will be carried in the Pack under the top flap. Steel helmets will be carried on the FACE of the Pack and held by the two flap straps.
OFFICERS. Gloves and puttees will be worn. Rain coats will be carried Banderole, over the Right shoulder. Sticks, Box Respirators and P.H. Helmets will also be carried.
9. All occupied Camp Areas, Billets, Horse Lines, Latrines, etc., must be left in a thoroughly clean and sanitary condition. Cleaning up should be done in daylight today, and further cleaning after vacating in the morning.
10. Para. 3 of Warning Order dated October 12th 1917 is amended to read:- Lieut. REED and 20 Other Ranks of "C" Company to act as Picquet, etc.
Attention is called to the Warning Order of October 12th 1917 reference Administrative Arrangements.
1. Field Kitchens will provide Hot Breakfast at 3.00 a.m. Haversack Rations for the Mid-day meal will be carried. A HOT evening meal will be served on arrival at the new area.
2. Transport will arrive at TINQUES Station at 5.40 a.m.
3. Officers Kits will be called for At Bn. H.Q., Junior H.Q., and Co. H.Q. Messes at 2.00 a.m.
Mess Kits will be carried with the Company Field Kitchens.
Bn. H.Q. and Junior H.Q. Mess Kits will be called for at 3.00 a.m. by the MESS CART.
4. Officers' Chargers will proceed with Transport.
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment
October 1917, p. 26
Copy No. 1 - 7th Cdn. Inf. Bde.
2. - "A" Company.
3. - "B" Company.
4. - "C" Company.
5. - "D" Company.
6. - Scouts.
7. - Signals.
8. - R.S.M.
9. - Medical Officer.
10. - Transport Officer.
11. - Paymaster.
12. - L.G. Officer.
13. - Bombing Officer.
14-16. - War Diary.