Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 14
28th Oct. 1917
Reference map - Sheet 28. Ed. 3
In continuation of R.C.R. Order No. 76 and General Instructions for forthcoming tour.
1. The Regiment will relieve the P.P.C.L.I. in Support tomorrow the 29th instant.
2. ST JEAN Cross Roads C.27.d.20.25
The Head of the Column will pass S.P. at 3.30 p.m.
3. To be notified later. Platoons will be in File, 50 yard interval.
4. Track 5. OTTO FARM. D.15.a.20.05.
5. Each Company will send forward tomorrow at 9.00 a.m. 1 Officer and 4 Other Ranks. Lieut. ALLANBACK will report to Officer Commanding P.P.C.L.I. at OTTO FARM at 10.00 a.m. and to Commanding Officer 49th Battalion at WATERLOO FARM. D.9.d.70.80. to obtain their dispositions and arrange details of relief. He will return by 2.00 p.m.
6. Advance Parties will meet their Companies at OTTO FARM at 5.30 p.m. and guide them to their positions.
7. Battalion Headquarters will be at OTTO FARM at 5.30 p.m. the 29th Instant.
8. To be notified by Runner or wired by Codeword MUD.
1. The 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade will take and Consolidate and Garrison the BLUE LINE as shown on Map No. 5 "C" on October 30th 1917. The Attacking and Flank battalions as shown on Map "C". The R.C.R. will be in support.
2. To be notified later.
3. Both the Final Objective (BLUE LINE) and the intermediate objective (dotted BLUE LINE) will be consolidated. As opportunity permits the Support Line (dotted GREEN LINE) to the Final Objective will be consolidated.
4. "A" Company. Detailed to work under the Engineers, to be ready at ONE HOUR notice after ZERO HOUR.
"B" Company. Detailed as carrying party to the P.P.C.L.I.
"C" Company. TWO Platoons as a reserve to the P.P.C.L.I. TWO Platoons as a reserve to the 49th Battalion.
"D" Company. Detailed as carrying party to the 49th Battalion.
Further details as to the above will be notified to Cos. later.
6. With the exception of S.A.A. "A", "B" and "D" Cos. will arrange to make Company DUMPS from material issued them.
7. Brigade, The CAPITOL ( D.13.d.80.20 ) marked at night be a SINGLE RED LIGHT.
R.C.R. OTTO FARM ( D.15.a.20.05 ) marcked at night by THREE LIGHTS in the form of a triangle thus o°o
PPCLI WATERLOO PARK ( D.9.d.70.80. ) marked at night by THREE LIGHTS in a line thus ° o °
42nd Battalion POMMERN CASTLE ( D.19.a.36.25 ) marked at night by inverted triangle of THREE LIGHTS ooo
49th Battalion WATERLOO PARK ( D.9.d.70.80 ) marked at night by THREE LIGHTS in a vertical line.
8. THESE ORDERS MUST NOT BE TAKEN INTO THE LINE BY COMPANY COMMANDER.
Issued by Runner at 7.00 p.m.
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment
Copy No. 1. - 7th C.I.B.
2. - P.P.C.L.I.
3. - 49th Battalion.
4. - "A" Co.
5. - "B" Co.
6. - "C" Co.
7. - "D" Co.
8. - Transport Officer.
9. - Medical Officer.
10. - Lieut. ALLANBECK
11-13. - File.
14-15. - War Diary.