Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Map Reference LENS 1/10,000.
1. On the night of 1st/2nd September, 1917, The R.C.R. from Brigade Reserve will relieve the 42ND Cdn. Bn. (R.H.C.) in Brigade Support. On completion of relief the 42ND Bn. move into Brigade Reserve and occupy the area vacated by the R.C.R.
2. Relief will be as follow:-
3. Companies will arrange to make a reconnaissance on the 31sy inst. Of the line they are going to take over from the 42ND and will report at their H.Q. at M.12.b.40.60 on that date.
4. The following taking over parties will move off not later than 1 p.m. September 1st.
5. Completion of relief will be notified by the following "Your M.205 received at . . . . . ."
6. Companies will furnish their own guide on night 1st/2nd.
7. Time and order of moving off will be notified later.
Asst. Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment
Issued by Runner at ____
7TH Cdn. Inf. Bde.
42ND Cdn. Bn. (R.H.C.)
Rear H.Q. R.C.R.