Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 16
9TH September, 1916.
1. The Royal Canadian Regiment will march tomorrow the 10TH September, 1916 to HALLOY-LES-PERNOIS Area.
2. Starting point will be the corner to the South of Cafe-De-Menage-Estaminet. Bn. will reach the starting point at 8.45 a.m. and in the order Scouts, Signallers, "A" & "B" Co's, Band, "C" & "D" Co's., Bombers. Transport will be in rear of Bn., Lewis Gun Carts in rear of Transport. Pack cobs to be with their respective Companies.
Dress - Marching order, packs will be properly squared, Iron Rations in Haversack, steel helmets and Rubber sheets under straps on back of pack. Canteens will be slung on straps under pack, WITHOUT covers. Knickers will not be worn.
Mounted Officers - Sam Browne belt, Haversack, Water bottle, Gas Helmet.
Dismounted Officers will carry pack in addition.
Haversack rations will be carried by all ranks for noon meal.
3. Route - MESNIL - FRANSH - FRANQUEVILLE - DOMART - ST. LEGER, BERTEAUCOURT.
4. GUIDES - Guides from advanced parties will meet the battalion at road junction just North of "B" in BERTEAUCOURT and conduct Companies and Detachments to their respective billets.
5. Transport will call for Officers kits at 6.30 a.m.
All kits to be piled in a convenient place.
Issued at 7.30 p.m.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy. No. 1 - 7TH Cdn. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 2 - "A" Co.
Copy. No. 3 - "B" Co.
Copy. No. 4 - "C" Co.
Copy. No. 5 - "D" Co.
Copy. No. 6 - Bombers.
Copy. No. 7 - Signals.
Copy. No. 8 - Lewis Guns.
Copy. No. 9 - Scouts.
Copy. No. 10 - Quartermaster
Copy. No. 11 - Transport.
Copy. No. 12 - Medical Officer
Copy. No. 13 - R.S.M.
Copy. No. 14, 15, 16 - War Diary.