Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 5
1. The Royal Canadian Regiment will relieve the 5TH C.M.R. Bn. on the night of August 1ST/2ND.
2. Bn. will parade on Bn. parade ground at 9.40 p.m.
Markers 9.30 p.m.
Huts will be vacated by 9. p.m. and will be left scrupulously clean.
3. Bn. will proceed by train to ASYLUM, YPRES, where guides will meet Companies and Detachments to guide them to their respective billets.
Order of march after detraining:- Scouts and Snipers, Signallers and Runners, Lewis Guns, Bombers, H.Q. detail, "A", "B", "C", and "D" Co's.
4. Transport will call for Officers spare kits at 5.50 p.m. tomorrow 1ST inst. Kits for trenches to be ready for Transport and piled in a convenient place by 6.30 p.m. Mens Packs, Caps and Knickers to be turned into Q.M. Stores under Co. and Detachments arrangements.
5. Relief will be reported to Battalion H.Q. by RUNNER.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy. No. 1 - 7TH Cdn. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 2 - 5TH C.M.R. Bn.
Copy. No. 3, 4, & 5 - War Diary.
Copy. No. 6 - "A" Co.
Copy. No. 7 - "B" Co.
Copy. No. 8 - "C" Co.
Copy. No. 9 - "D" Co.
Copy. No. 10 - Signallers.
Copy. No. 11 - Bombers.
Copy. No. 12 - Scouts.
Copy. No. 13 - Lewis Guns.
Copy. No. 14 - Transport.
Copy. No. 15 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 16 - Medical Officer.
Copy. No. 17 - Paymaster.