Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 4
1. The Royal Canadian Regiment will be relieved by the 1ST Bn. Canadian Mounted rifles on night of 18/19TH July.
2. Lewis Guns, Bombers, Signals, Scouts and Snipers will be relieved under their own arrangements.
3. Companies will provide one guide per Platoon to report at Bn., H.Q. 11. p.m., 17TH inst. One day's rations will be carried. Lieut. Bell will be in charge of guides.
4. Trench Stores, Log Books, Trench Maps, photographs, Defence Schemes, Information and programme of work will be handed over, receipts in triplicate will betaken and a certificate obtained certifying that the trenches were in Sanitary condition when taken over. One receipt will be forwarded to Bn. H.Q.
5. All spare kit and water cans will be at respective Ration Dumps at 10.30 p.m.
6. On relief Co's and Detachments will march independently to ASYLUM where they will entrain at an hour to be named later. On detraining the Regiment will proceed independently by Co's and Detachments to Camp "A" where guides will meet them.
7. Completion of relief will be reported to Bn. H.Q. by RUNNER
Code word - PULLTHRO
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Issued at 6.00 p.m.
Copy. No. 1 - 7TH Canadian. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 2, 3, & 4 - War Diary.
Copy. No. 5 - "A" Co.
Copy. No. 6 - "B" Co.
Copy. No. 7 - "C" Co.
Copy. No. 8 - "D" Co.
Copy. No. 9 - Signals.
Copy. No. 10 - Lewis Guns.
Copy. No. 11 - Bombers.
Copy. No. 12 - Scouts.
Copy. No. 13 - Transport.
Copy. No. 14 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 15 - Medical Officer.
Copy. No. 16 - Paymaster.