Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 4
8th July, 1916.
1. Relief. R.C.R. will relieve the 52ND Battalion on night of 10TH/11TH.
2. The dispositions of the Companies will be as follows:-
3. Co's will relieve Co's of 52ND Battalion which occupy positions as allotted above.
4. Lewis Guns, Bombers, Scouts, and Signallers will relieve under their own arrangements.
5. Co's will send one officer and one N.C.O. per platoon to take over. Officer Commanding Detachments will themselves go with their advance party to take over. Officers will be responsible that the trenches taken over are in a sanitary condition and should give a receipt to the outgoing unit to that effect.
6. Completion of relief will be reported to Battalion H.Q. as soon as possible.
Code word will be:- Will there be RUM.
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy. No. 1 - 7TH Canadian. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 2, 3 & 4 - War Diary.
Copy. No. 5 - "A" Coy.
Copy. No. 6 - "B" Coy.
Copy. No. 7 - "C" Coy.
Copy. No. 8 - "D" Coy.
Copy. No. 9 - Signals.
Copy. No. 10 - Lewis Guns.
Copy. No. 11 - Bombers.
Copy. No. 12 - Scouts.
Copy. No. 13 - Transport.
Copy. No. 14 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 15 - Medical Officer.
Copy. No. 16 - Paymaster.