Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 4
Reference Map 1/40,000 Sheet 28
Trench Map ZILLEBEKE Sheet 28 N.W.4 & N.E.3.
1. Relief. R.C.R. will relieve 42ND Bn. (R.H.C.) night of 30TH/31ST.
2. Distribution. "A" Coy. to Trenches 70 & 71. "C" Coy. less 1 platoon to Trenches 72, 73, and 74. 1 Platoon to Trenches 71 R., and 72 R. "B" Coy. (Support) Bn. H.Q, and 2 platoons Halfway House 1 platoon to trench 70R. 1 Platoon to dugouts in Oxford Street. "D" Coy. to ZILLEBEKE DUGOUTS.
3. Lewis Guns. will relieve on night of 29TH/30TH under arrangements by Lewis Gun Officer.
4. Bombers. will relieve on night of 30TH/31ST under arrangements by Bombing Officer.
5. Scouts, Observers, and Sniper. will relieve on night of 30TH/31ST under arrangements by Scout Officer. A sufficient proportion of each will move into trenches on night of 29TH/30TH to ensure protection to Battalion coming in.
6. Signallers. will relieve on night of 30TH/31ST one operator per station sent up on night of 29TH/30TH to take over, he will remain till Battalion moves in.
7. Hour of Starting. "B" & "C" Coy's will move off at 8.30 p.m. "A" Coy. will move off at 9. p.m.
8. Route. "B" & "C" Coy's will march via KRUISTRAAT along the YPRES-ROULERS RAILWAY to GORDON HOUSE thence via CHINA WALL to trenches.
9. Transport. will arrive at 8.45 p.m. at BELGIAN CHATEAU. 10.15 at TRANSPORT FARM. 11. p.m. GORDON HOUSE.
10. Advance Party. Coy. Commanders and C.S.M's will go into trenches on night of 29TH/30TH for purpose of taking over and C.S.M's will remain till Battn. Moves in.
11. Trench Stores and sanitation. A list of trench stores taken over will be forwarded to Orderly room not later than 31ST/1ST. Great care is to be taken that camps and dugouts are handed over in a clean and sanitary condition.
12. Reports. To be forwarded to Bn. H.Q. on completion of relief.
A/Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regiment.
Copy. No. 1 - 7TH Can. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 2, 3,&4 - War Diary.
Copy. No. 5 - O.C. "A" Coy.
Copy. No. 6 - O.C. "B" Coy.
Copy. No. 7 - O.C. "C" Coy.
Copy. No. 8 - O.C. "D" Coy.
Copy. No. 9 - O.C. Lewis Guns.
Copy. No. 10 - O.C. Bombers.
Copy. No. 11 - O.C. Regtl. Scouts.
Copy. No. 12 - O.C. Signallers.
Copy. No. 13 - O.C. Transport.
Copy. No. 14 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 15 - Medical Officer i/c R.C.R.
Copy. No. 16 - C.O. 42ND Battalion.