Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 2
Orders by, Lieut. Col. A.H. MacDonell, D.S.O.,
Commanding The Royal Canadian Regt.,
23th. January 1916.
Reference Map Sheet 28.
1. Relief of Front Line Battalion. Relief of Battalion holding C.3., C.4., D.1., D.2., Strong Points & Reserve will take place on 24th - 25th January 1916 in accordance with Relief Table attached.
2. Machine Guns. Machine Gun Sections will be relieved under arrangements made by the Brigade Machine Gun Officer.
3. Signals. Relief under arrangements made by Brigade Signalling Officer.
4. Transport. No Transport is to go EAST of ROAD JUNCTION, N.33.d before 5.30 p.m.
5. Reports. Reports on completion of above to O.C. R.C.R.
6. Rations. Ration Carrying Parties of 30 men per Company will report to S.M. Phillips (W.O.) at cross roads T.5.c.5.9. at 5.15 p.m. daily except on the night of 24th. January 1916 when all ration parties will report at 8.00 p.m.
7. Guides. O.C. "D" Company will furnish three guides for C.3. and one guide for S.P.4. and one for S.P.5. These guides will report to O.C. "C" Coy. one hour before moving off.
"C" Coy. & "D" Coy. & Regtl. Hdqrs will leave their billets at 5.00 p.m. and "A" & "B" Coys. will leave their respective billets at 5.30 p.m. 24th. January 1916 for their destinations as shown hereunder and will march by platoons.
|Coys.||C.3.||C.4.||D.1.||D.2.||S.P.4.||S.P.5.||Battn. Reserve. S.P.3. Petawawa Souvenir Farm||Total.|
|Grenadiers||1/2 Sec.||1 Sec.||1/2 Sec||1/2 Sec.|
Issued at 9 a.m.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regt.
Copy. No. 1, 2, & 3 - War Diary
Copy. No. 4 - 7th. Can. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 5 - O.C. "A" Coy.
Copy. No. 6 - O.C. "B" Coy.
Copy. No. 7 - O.C. "C" Coy.
Copy. No. 8 - O.C. "D" Coy.
Copy. No. 9 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 10 - O.C. Transport.
Copy. No. 11 - O.C. "M.G." SEC.
Copy. No. 12 - Battn. Grenade Officer.
Copy. No. 13 - Battn. Signalling Officer.
Copy. No. 14 - M.O. R.C.R.