Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Copy No. 1
Lieut. Col. A.H. MacDonell, D.S.O.,
Comdg. The Royal Canadian Regt.,
8th. January 1916.
Reference Map Sheet 28.
1. Relief of Front Line Battalion. Relief of Battalion holding C.3., C.4., D.1., D.2., & Reserve will take place on the 8th. January, 1916 in accordance with relief table below.
2. Machine Guns. Machine Gun Sections will be relieved under arrangements made by the Brigade Machine Gun Officer, and to be completed by 4.00 p.m.
3. Signals. Relief under arrangements made by Brigade Signalling Officer.
4. Transport. No Transport is to go EAST ROAD JUNCTION, N.33.d before 4.45 p.m.
5. Reports. Reports on completion of relief to Brigade Headquarters.
6. Command. On completion of the above relief, G.O.C., 7th. Inf. Bde., assumes command of Brigade Area.
7. Rations. Wagons to arrive at 6.00 p.m. as follows:- M.G. and Posts C.S., S.P. 4., S.P.5., and Reserve to Battn. Hdqrs., T.5.d.2.3. C.4., D.1., D.2., at R.E. Farm on left of road, just before reaching WULVERCHEN. Grenadiers will draw rations at R.H.Q. and will supply their own carrying party. The Reserve Company will find ration parties for those in Trenches. 8 men per Platoon (128 men) to be at places named by 6.00 p.m. O.C. C.3., C.4., D.1., D.2., S.P.4., S.P.5., will send two men as guides to meet the ration parties at 6.00 p.m. and to guide them to their respective positions.
A. B. C. D Coys. & Regtl. Hdqrs will leave their respective billets at 4.15 p.m. 8th. January 1916 for their destinations as shown hereunder, and will march by platoons:-
|Coys.||C.3.||C.4.||D.1.||D.2.||S.P.4.||S.P.5.||Battn. Reserve. S.P.3. Petawawa Souvenir Farm||Total.|
|Grenadiers||½ Sec.||1 Sec.||1/2 Sec||½ Sec.|
Issued at 10 a.m.
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regt.
Copy. No. 1, 2, & 3 - War Diary
Copy. No. 4 -1st. Can. Inf. Bde.
Copy. No. 5 - O.C. “A” Coy.
Copy. No. 6 - O.C. “B” Coy.
Copy. No. 7 - O.C. “C” Coy.
Copy. No. 8 - O.C. “D” Coy.
Copy. No. 9 - O.C. “M.G.” Sec.
Copy. No. 10 - O.C. Signallers.
Copy. No. 11 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 12 - O.C. Transport.
Copy. No. 13 - Battn. Grenade Officer.