Transcription by Captain Michael O'Leary, The RCR.
Operation Order No. 1
Lieut. Col. A.H. MacDonell, D.S.O.
Comdg. The Royal Canadian Regt.
2nd. January 1916
1. 7th. January. Royal Canadian Regiment will relieve the Battalion, 1st. Canadian Inf. Bde. In Brigade Reserve, Hdqrs. N.34.D.1.6 by 11.00 a.m. and will come under the order so G.O.C. 1st. Can. Inf. Bde.
8th. January. On the evening of the 8th. of January the following reliefs will take place:-
R.C.R. taking over trenches C.3. to D.2. Regtl. Hdqrs. T.5.D.2.3.
7th. Brigade Hdqrs. N.33.D.4.1.
2. 1 Officer and 4 N.C.O.’s per Coy. will go into the trenches on the evening of January 7th. they will take over all Trench Stores etc. and be prepared to guide in their Companies on the following evening.
3. Relief of the M.G. Detachments will be arranged and carried out by the Brigade Machine Gun Officer.
4. Relief of Grenadiers will be arranged and carried out by the Brigade Grenade Officer.
5. (1) Care must be taken in checking over and receipting for all Trench Stores, Maps, etc., On completion of Relief a list of all Trench Stores receipted will be forwarded to the Brigade Hdqrs. Together with a duplicate copy of the receipt. Receipts will be made out in triplicate.
(2) O.C. Coys. And detachments will report immediately to the Adjutant when they have taken over.
Issued at 10 p.m.
V. Hodson, Lieut, for
Adjutant The Royal Canadian Regt.
Copy. No. 1, 2, & 3 - War Diary
Copy. No. 4 - O.C. “A” Coy.
Copy. No. 5 - O.C. “B” Coy.
Copy. No. 6 - O.C. “C” Coy.
Copy. No. 7 - O.C. “D” Coy.
Copy. No. 8 - O.C. “M.G.” Sect.
Copy. No. 9 - O.C. Signallers.
Copy. No. 10 - Transport Officer.
Copy. No. 11 - Medical Officer.
Copy. No. 12 - Quartermaster.
Copy. No. 13 - Battn. Grenade Officer.
Copy. No. 14 - 7th. Can. Inf. Bde.